Demo

Probiere ClanSphere aus und teste daran herum. Demo

Antworten: 8
Seite [1]
Hamburger

Beginner

# Thema - 15.11.2012 um 17:21 Uhr
Anybody know if it should work to update from 2008 to 2012 version by just extracting the 2012 version in the root folder of my cs install?

Or should I rather apply every update from here sequentially: http://sourceforge.net/projects/clansphere/files/ClanSphere%20Updates/ ?

Zuletzt editiert von Hamburger am 16.11.2012 um 17:16 Uhr (1x Editiert)
Inaktiv
Hamburger
Thread-Ersteller

Beginner

# Antwort: 1 - 16.11.2012 um 18:45 Uhr
I'm thinking that the most reliable way of updating, will be to install a fresh install of the newest version, and importing the database from the old version.

The way I'm thinking of doing this is that I'll do an export with only insert sql statements from phpmyadmin from the old site. And then make sure that the table structure of the new database and the old one are the same. If there is a difference, then I will have to change the import sql file to reflect the structure of the new version.

This will get rid of all old cruft and keep all posts, which I think is perfect.

Do you think that this is possible or is there something smarter I could do?

Zuletzt editiert von Hamburger am 16.11.2012 um 19:22 Uhr (2x Editiert)
Inaktiv
|
Deaktiviert

Supporter
Supporter

# Antwort: 2 - 16.11.2012 um 19:02 Uhr
I'm not familar with the 2.0 Version, but you compared the database yet? I think, IF the database is equal, the move wouldn#t be that hard to accomplish.

Inaktiv
|
Hamburger
Thread-Ersteller

Beginner

# Antwort: 3 - 16.11.2012 um 19:22 Uhr
Thanks for commenting

Ok I've actually read the contents of the docs folder in the newest 2011 patch 2 from 2012 now
Seems there are a lot of .sql files in the updates folder that will do the changes to the database that I need. Seem to be quite a few changes too, so this is good to have.

So my current plan is this: Run all the files from "nr12_2008-0_to_2008-1.sql" to "nr38_2011.3_patch_1_to_2.sql" on the a backup of the database. Then export that database with only insert statements from phpmyadmin, and insert it again into the database of the new fresh install.

Any further comments anybody?

Zuletzt editiert von Hamburger am 16.11.2012 um 19:24 Uhr (1x Editiert)
Inaktiv
|
Mindcrime

Geekboy

# Antwort: 4 - 16.11.2012 um 20:38 Uhr
best thing is normally to install all new files and then perform the upgrade by importing all update/nrXX_xxxx files in the correct order...

Inaktiv
|
Hamburger
Thread-Ersteller

Beginner

# Antwort: 5 - 18.11.2012 um 00:58 Uhr
Ok thanks guys. I've had success. The new site is up and running and all the old data is there

I just wanted to leave some more detailed info dere about how to update, just in case somebody else might need it:

Download and extract newest version of Clansphere. Install it on your websever. There is info on this inside the docs/ folder.

Now to update the old data to the newest data format. Go to updates/ in the new Clansphere folder on your pc and delete the .sql files for older versions than what you have.

Go to a (unix) terminal and navigate to updates/ and write
cat * > out.sql
This will concatenate all update files into one, which makes it easier.

Now open out.sql. You need to do a find and replace for all instances of {pre} {serial} and {engine}. You will know what to replace these with by looking at a sql dump of your current database. {pre} is what every table begins with, and is something you configure when you install Clansphere. {serial} is the type of the id of each table. {engine} is the engine type for each table. You can find this info by looking at your database directly in phpmyadmin.

For me this was:
{pre}: cs
{serial}: int(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment
{engine}: ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1.

Then I did a complete export from my old db and imported into a temp db and ran this update script on it. Then I exported the temp db and imported it to the new site.

Was getting error about duplicate entries. Changing the “Function to use when dumping data:” setting in the phpmyadmin export tab from insert to replace fixed this.

I wanted to keep the new options settings in the new install intact, so I deleted all mentions of the _options table from the import sql script.

I was getting errors and had to delete some tables and columns from the old db, that did not exist in the new db, and that I did not care about:
Columns:
_access_cups
Tables:
_cupmatches
_cups
_cupsquads

Inaktiv
|
Mindcrime

Geekboy

# Antwort: 6 - 18.11.2012 um 12:52 Uhr
Yeah, cups module was removed from the new version because it was not supported any more and I already had supplied an improved version in the module db...

Inaktiv
|
hajo ClanSphere Team

VIP - Poster

Herkunft: Barsbüttel
# Antwort: 7 - 18.11.2012 um 22:05 Uhr
no cup data will be lost on updates as far as i know, it's just that cup files are no longer included due to the enhanced cup module made available by mindcrime.

------------------
ClanSphere - professional clan care starts here

Inaktiv
|
Hamburger
Thread-Ersteller

Beginner

# Antwort: 8 - 19.11.2012 um 18:51 Uhr
Super. Thanks

Inaktiv
|
Antworten: 8
Seite [1]

Sie müssen sich registrieren, um zu antworten.